The Dubai Ports World controversy of 2006 is making a comeback, only this time the Arab principal has actually gained control of the container contract for a major US Port. — Jerome R. Corsi, Dubai Ports Redux: Arab takeover of Port Canaveral
Gulftainer, a company operated by United Arab Emirates-based Crescent Group (owned by brothers Badr and Majid Jafar), has raised a number of questions about its long trail of questionable relationships and dealings.
Directors of Gulftainer
Gulftainer, a global terminal port operator and United Arab Emirates Corporation based in Sharjah, UAE, filed April 16, 2014 for a Florida corporation known as GTUSA, LLC.
GTUSA signed a lease with the State of Florida a long term agreement to assume control for international shipping and port operations at Port Canaveral, Florida. Negotiations were done in secret under the name “Project Pelican”, despite Florida’s Sunshine Law that requires public entities such as Port Canaveral to conduct business in the sunshine.
The Sunshine Law regarding open government can be found in Chapter 286 of the Florida Statutes. These statutes establish a basic right of access to most meetings of boards, commissions and other governing bodies of state and local governmental agencies or authorities.
Terms included in the lease are disturbing.
Congressman Duncan Hunter (R-CA), Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Subcommittee on Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation Chairman, sounded the alarm on the Gulftainer deal.
NATIONAL SECURITY CONCERNS
Port Canaveral is a strategic Naval operation base that includes Trident and Poseidon submarine systems.
http://wikimapia.org/56378/US-Naval-Facility-Port-Canaveral and http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/port-canaveral.htm
Cape Canaveral hosts the Lockheed Martin missile systems including the MX as well as the 45th Space Wing.
NASA has Exploration space missions that involve the EM-1 for 2017.
Boeing has operations in Port Canaveral that included the launch in 2014 of the GPS llF satellite aboard the United Launch Alliance Delta lV, Wideband Global SATCOM 5 satellite and other systems that are classified.
Detailed background on the Gulftainer relationship with the Hillary Clinton State Department, the EX-IM bank, the U.S. Commerce Secretary, Penny Pritzker.
Commerce Department approved foreign investors
U.S. Department of Treasury must approve business and commerce agreements through an interagency process.
Badr Jafar, an Emirati has several global business operations
Gulftainer invests in Russia.
Gulftainer expansion in Africa
Shipping weapons to Shiite militia to Umm Qasr in Iraq
http://www.abudhabinews.net/index.php/sid/232985341 and http://www.seatrade-maritime.com/news/asia/Gulftainer-expands-operations-in-Iraq.html
This report examines the political, religious, and military resurgence of Asa’ib Ahl al-Haq (AAH) in Iraq since the withdrawal of U.S. Forces, identifying the group’s key actors, their present disposition and strategy, and their regional expansion.
Jafar Pearl Initiative
Pearl Initiative United Nations Compact
United Nations Pearl Initiative Blacktie affair that included founding patrons from Islamic countries. List found at bottom of link:
Jade’s US office, Jade Software Managing Director Craig Richardson says Gulftainer is a key strategic customer for the company’s growing marine terminals business in major ports around the world.
Gulftainer hosted website operation
Gulftainer presentation on global city expansion
Gulftainer Co Ltd, the United Arab Emirates’ second-largest port operator, said on Sunday it had acquired a 51 percent stake in Saudi Arabia’s Gulf Stevedoring Contracting Company.
CFIUS is an inter-agency committee authorized to review transactions that could result in control of a U.S. business by a foreign person (“covered transactions”), in order to determine the effect of such transactions on the national security of the United States. CFIUS operates pursuant to section 721 of the Defense Production Act of 1950, as amended by the Foreign Investment and National Security Act of 2007 (FINSA) (section 721) and as implemented by Executive Order 11858, as amended, and regulations at 31 C.F.R. Part 800. Did CFIUS rubber stamp the Gulftainer deal?
Eminent domain for a rail system for a foreign operation
U.S. State Department United Arab Emirates Investment Statement ~ 2012 ~
Environment Impact Operations from EPA
http://epa.gov/region4//water/oceans/documents/canaveral_odmds_smmp_2012.pdf and State of Florida for rail system http://www.portcanaveralraileis.com/documents/scoping_meeting_presentation.pdf
Longshoremen union operation and global expansion
Both the very wealthy UAE company Gulftainer’s PR machine and Port Canaveral’s CEO John Walsh attack those who oppose the Gulftainer/Port Canaveral deal.
1) Local residents are justifiably concerned about the impact a proposed cargo rail would have on the ecologically sensitive environment surrounding Port Canaveral, a barrier island “boutique” port that serves as home port for several cruise ship lines, including Disney Cruises, Norwegian, Carnival, and Royal Caribbean. An RV campground on the port’s south side is but 200 yards from the harbor channel. A jetty offers fishing and strolling accommodations at the Port’s channel entrance.
The Port is flanked by the Atlantic Ocean to the east and the ecologically sensitive Banana River and Indian River lagoons to the west.
2) The national security nexus at Port Canaveral includes the Naval Ordnance Test Unit (NOTU) Trident nuclear submarine base, NASA’s Kennedy Space Center, a military rocket launching facility at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, and the nearby Patrick AFB, home to the 45th Space Wing, in all 30 tenants and major mission partners.
3) Published reports that Gulftainer was moving weapons for Iran to terrorists in Iraq via Port Umm Qasr to the Badr Brigade among others — who were killing American soldiers — our husbands and wives, our sons and daughters.
4) Trade publication reports including the Baltic Dry Index (BDI) that indicate Cargo Container Operations are flat and projected to be on a downward trend over the next five years.
5) Every American citizen has a right to review the Port Canaveral deal that was done in secret (Project Pelican) and illegal bidding process (not put out for open bid) that invited Gulftainer to set up “operations”, despite the fact that the UAE-owned company was earlier turned down flat by the larger, more conveniently located and cargo ops-equipped port of Jacksonville, FL.
6) In 2006, during the administration of President George W. Bush, a series of articles exposed the connections between the government of Dubai’s role in providing the 9/11 terrorists with both a banking facility and a country of transit. Dubai also had an extensive connection with the radical religious clerics that rule Iran. Bipartisan opposition in the U.S. Senate forced Dubai Ports World in March 2006 to back off the proposed deal to manage six US ports.
7) On March 1, 2006, the Financial Times in London reported Bill Clinton was advising top officials from Dubai how to address growing U.S. concerns over the acquisition of five U.S. container terminals by DP World, even as Sen. Hillary Clinton was leading efforts to derail the deal.
8) A group photo taken taken during the Global Education and Skills Forum held in Dubai from March 15-17, 2014, show Bill Clinton standing next to Majid Jafar, brother of Badr Jafar, and a co-director in the brothers’ top company, the Crescent Group, a conglomerate holding company that includes the Crescent Group’s oil and gas company, Crescent Petroleum.
9) Gulftainer (GT-USA) has no existing customers, nor does it have prospects for any regularly scheduled cargo operations. If there is no current or anticipated business, it begs the question… WHY are they in Port Canaveral?
It is our fragile eco-environment that concerns us.
It is our national security that concerns us.
It is Gulftainer’s reported history of moving weapons to terrorists that kill Americans that concerns us.
It is another CLINTON PAY TO PLAY scheme selling out America’s national security that concerns us.
It is flatline cargo operations worldwide with no uptick predicted in the worsening global economy that concerns us.
The American people demand answers.
If this is our new standard for National Security, then by all means, dig up the traitors Ethel and Julius Rosenberg and present them with the Congressional Medal of Honor. Hillary and Bill should be equally honored under these corrupt standards.
And to the few who think that this is, as one local put it…
“More Bush vs. Obama crap! Many people feel that Bush contributed to the existence of ISIS. At the very least, he and Cheney did not to address them at their onset – maybe they could have been stopped easier when they were new. Our issue is environmental. This partisan aspect is only going to turn off many people and will lose much of the public support that we’ve already gained.”
… they would do themselves a great service by educating themselves with the research presented here about a company in their own backyard with questionable ties and activities worldwide that raise serious questions related to US national security implications.
Keep in mind the Keystone XL Pipeline was studied for at least six years through various Federal agencies and still the White House vetoed approval. The Gulftainer deal went through without a hitch in little more than a year through all the Federal wickets, IN SECRET under the code name “Project Pelican”.
While the concern of local citizens over environmental issues is a valid one, concerns go far beyond that. Gulftainer’s deal with Port Canaveral’s Commissioners and its hired hand CEO John Walsh involve law-breaking, possible corruption and graft, and other potential high crimes and misdemeanors.